The Original Bunion Bootie
- 100% Soft, flexible bunion splint that doesn’t add unnecessary bulk or pressure to the already sensitive area
- Separates the big toe from the other toes to help temporarily improve toe alignment
- Soothes and releases tension in the big toe joint
- Discrete relief (beige) – undetectable in most shoes
- Ultra-thin barrier (only 0.4mm thick!) to protect against blisters, rubbing, & increasing tenderness
- Stabilizing support that can be worn day & night
- A gentle, comfortable solution for bunion discomfort
- Carefully designed with a hole in the toe to prevent an air bubble from forming
- Odor & bacteria resistant materials – Latex free
“I came across Bunion Booties last spring when my big toes ached from being trapped all winter-long in shoes and boots- and only “orthopedically-inclined” Keens and Le Canadiennes, mind you. Amazon testimonies had a consensus of positive reviews with people saying it seemed their tendons were stretching with consistent use, so I bought a pair to try them out.I’ve been wearing them this past winter and now I can attest that they definitely work! I have worn them under tights and socks every day for the past few months with the addition of a gel toe separator found at Walgreen’s. I’m finding they are doing what they are designed to do: slooooowly stretch out the tendons that are arcing the big toe in the undesirable direction. A little massage when you’re in the warm water of a bath or Jacuzzi or when applying a warming oil (something with Vitamin E and/or almond oil) helps too, to break up adhesions and just the old habit. Don’t expect a miracle: if it took a long time to get that way, it’ll probably take awhile for the change to happen, but if your feet have taken a hit from all your great activity, here’s a message telling you all is not lost and you can change the trajectory on this one, hopefully before it goes too far, so you can continue to get out there and do what you love.As for upkeep, I wash them in a mesh bag on the cold/tap (coldest) setting, which cleans them beautifully, lengthening their life-and-use cycle.”
Important Notes About the Bunion Bootie & Fit…
- Suggested wear time is 2-6 hours initially and then gradually increasing wear over time.
- The material will relax slightly after the first few wears.
- If you are seeking a snug fit and do not have wide feet, other or previous foot conditions/surgeries, or plan to wear it at night, many customers prefer one size down.
- Factors such as bunion deformity level, foot width, age, foot health history, personal preference, and intended wear pattern all influence the size best for you.
- We are happy to exchange your Bootie anytime within the first 30 days if you feel you did not purchase the best size for you. See Returns and Exchange Policy here. Our Size Guide above is still just a guide to help you find the best fit possible but every foot differs in shape and size.
From Carol, Mountaintop Acupuncture